There is an urgent need to act! There are simple, effective and no-regret actions to take now to reduce your carbon and environmental footprint, until the roadmap takes over with more ambitious measures.
The most ecological resource is the one that is not consumed.
It is always easier to sustain existing practices and policies than to change them
Sometimes it is better to seize the opportunity to integrate new clauses or to wait for new
orientations, rather than to renew an unambitious contract over several years.
Co-benefits include energy and cost savings, increased resilience, employee well-being, and consistency with the social mission.
10 ready-to-use actions
1. Online meetings
2. Travel better
4. White roofs
5. Renewal of contracts
6. Procurement of equipment
7. Procurement of goods and deforestation
8. Ecosystems protection
9. Green office practices
10. Raise awareness
Online meetings & trainings
Economy class tickets only
Communication and outreach
Download the resource
Quick and easy wins
(1) ETH Zurich. “Flight decision tree”. Read here.
(2) ADEME. “Telework, (im)mobility and lifestyles. Study of telework and lifestyles in the 2020 Health Crisis.” In French. Read here.
(3) Stay Grounded. Read here.
(4) ADEME. “How to improve energy performance in industry? Recommendation n°35.” In French. Read here.
(5) CoolRoof France. Read here.
(6) 20Minutes. “Climate: Are savings a heavy weight in our carbon footprint?” In French. Read here.
(7) The Shift Project. “Lean ICT: Towards Digital Sobriety.” Read here.
(8) Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil. Read here.
(9) WWF. “Choosing the right graphic paper for your office.” In French. Read here.
(10) WWF. “Deforestation Fronts: Drivers and Responses in a Changing World.” Read here.
(11) MIT. “Rainwater Harvesting.” Read here.
(12) Cantons de Vaud et Geneve. “Mobility Plans: A Guide for Companies and Institutions.” 2021 version in French; 2016 version in English.
(13) EAT Forum. “The Planetary Health Diet”. Read here.
(14) ADEME. 2020. “Eco-responsible at the office”. In French. Read here.
(15) Michelin. “How can eco-driving help you save fuel?”. Read here. European Commission. “Green Driving Tool”. Read here.
(16) 2tonnes. Visit their website here.
(17) Climate Fresk. Visit their website here.
Cover photo © Maurits Bausenhart/Unsplash.